Monday, May 7, 2007

Mom's Surprise


I've finally started something for my mom. It was really weird - I have been looking for the right pattern to do for my mom. I have been working on getting all of my cross stitch together and organized. I have patterns stuck everywhere. I was in my bedroom and just had the urge to look in the bottom drawer of my chest to make sure I had gotten all the CS stuff out of it. Right on top of everything was a little freebie pattern I got years ago at a needleshop. It says "My Mother, My Friend." It has hearts and flowers and vines across the bottom and up the sides. I'm doing it on antique white 22 count hardanger, 1 over 1. I got this in 1987!! It has really been a challenge though! I did the hearts in the wrong color, but I like them in this color. Then I did everything but the big heart up one square too high. I started to take it all out, but got very frustrated! I even started a new one, but just couldn't see doing all of that over again!! I finally realized that it didn't really matter - I just have to adjust the vines and then be sure I do the same on the other side! I'm thinking about making it into a little pillow for her to hang on her bedroom door. The colors are perfect for her bedroom!
DD and I have had another bad episode! I won't bore you with the details. She just doesn't want me to set any boundaries. She wants to act like she is grown and doesn't have to answer to anyone! AND she's got her dad's terrible temper! I had an extremely bad anxiety attack last night and really felt like a truck had backed over me this morning! I'm out of my anxiety pills and have to go to the doctor tomorrow before he will give me another prescription. I don't want to go to the doctor, because he's going to fuss at me for not walking and sticking to my diet! But I'm going. I can't help that right after I started my walking, I got sick with the bad cold and then twisted my leg. I'm still not able to walk too much on it! But I started Weight Watchers again yesterday!! (before the big "storm" happened at our house) At least I can tell him that! But when I have these "episodes" with DD, I get so stressed out that I can't plan and think about what I'm going to eat!
Then today, she acts like nothing happened and went to the grocery store with me to get the groceries for my diet. She's going to diet some, too. She is a big girl, not too much, but she could stand to lose a few pounds. I got a new Weight Watchers' cookbook so we can try new things. A lot of my favorite recipes are from many years ago, when we made lots of casseroles and put sour cream and lots of butter in everything!! When I did Weight Watchers 20 years ago, the food wasn't as tasteful as it is now. I have learned that I can stick to the diet if I don't try to eat the same thing all the time. I do much better when I try new things! I also got a Rachel Ray cookbook. I love watching her cooking program. I can't wait to try some of those recipes, too. Many of them will fit in the WW plan. If my mind is really in the right place, I can lose weight pretty easily. And believe it or not, I threw out the rest of the cheesecake!! I'm really serious about this!!
Well, it's about time for me to head to bed. I'm not subbing tomorrow - no calls from good schools, but I just trust God and I will enjoy stitching on my mom's gift tomorrow! Have a happy day and may God bless you! (I'm about to "hurt" a little doggie - NOT, but he is driving me crazy! He wants to get in my lap, but I can't type with him in my lap. So he's clawing at my arm! This makes it hard to type!! Ah-h-h!)

No comments: