Saturday, May 26, 2007

Lots of Work Going on Around Here

Still no pictures. I haven't stitched much the last few days. I've been too busy! I didn't sub at the middle school yesterday. I was really wiped out after subbing those 2 days at the elementary school. Plus I KNEW those middle schoolers would be crazy!! And no amount of anxiety pills would have gotten me through it! lol But about 9:15, they called me from the elementary school that I was at Wed. and Thurs. and wanted me to come back in. The teacher I subbed for those 2 days had tried to come back to school. (She hurt her back somehow.) But she realized she just couldn't stand the pain. So I went over there for her. It was the same class and by then I knew the kids very well! We had a good day. I saw the teacher before she left and told her I would be willing to sub for her next week if she needed me. Next week, they have 3 half days and then that's it for this year. She took my name and number.



DD's Dad is still working around the house. He has cut the grass. It had gotten very tall! The young man that has cut my grass the last 2 summers hasn't called me about cutting it this year. DD has his number. He was a good friend of my son's. She finally called him for me and he said he had to get a new push mower. He has a riding mower, but my back yard is fenced in and he can't get that mower through the gate. DD's Dad never cut the grass when we were together either; he always paid someone to do it. He did the dishes yesterday again and dried a load of wash that I had washed Thurs. and planned to dry Fri. And then he washed another load! He's going to clean out the garage, too. I think I have figured out what is going on. Since my son's death, I cross stitch constantly to keep me from thinking about him and everything else that has happened in the last 2 years. I think DD's Dad has to keep busy to keep from thinking about it! Of course I love that he is doing all this work around here, but I'm one of those people who feel guilty about everything!! I can't make myself do much work around here, except what I have to do to keep the place livable. So while he's working himself to death, I'm sitting and stitching and putting myself through a terrible guilt trip!! But I'm going to try to get over it! lol He needs to keep busy to deal with his grief and I need to sit, rest, and cross stitch to deal with mine. We don't talk much about what happened to our son, but we were there for each other when he died and we're still there for each other! I'm glad we were able to do that.



Today I'm going to a brunch. One of my teacher friends has an "End of the School Year Brunch" every year for all of us who taught together at the middle school. She has done it for years! It's just not summer if we don't go to her brunch. She is a great cook and we make her fix the same ham and egg casserole every year! It is wonderful!! We're all retired now, but it's such a tradition! We celebrate the fact that we don't have to do all those end of the year things that we had to do as teachers! lol She is the one who has the Christmas Brunch every year. too.



I just looked out the front door and DD's Dad is cleaning out the gutters. They need cleaning bad!! Plants are growing out of them. Last year it looked like we had window boxes only they were on the edge of the roof!! lol

Better go. It's time to go to the brunch! Have a happy day and may God bless you!

No comments: