Monday, May 14, 2007

A Good Mother's Day


I finished the square for Chloe at Love Quilts. I enjoyed stitching it. It will be on its way to Love Quilts tomorrow. I'm going to do the one for DD's birthday next. It won't take me long.
My mom really liked the piece I did for her! She broke down and cried. We had a good day together yesterday. I fixed our lunch - chicken salad, carrot sticks, fruit, and crackers. We had diet ice cream later for dessert. It all turned out very good. We had fun talking and even watched a movie together. DD came over later in the day. That was her Mother's Day gift to me. She has a hard time going to my mom's because her Papa isn't there and she gets very upset. She is having a hard time with my father's (her Papa's) death. My mom doesn't really understand why she doesn't visit her more often. I know that DD loves her Granny very much, but she just can't sit and look at her Papa's empty chair! It's hard for me, too.
Mother's Day was also hard for me because I missed Glenn so much!! He was so sweet and would always have a gift for me and lots of hugs! It doesn't seem to get any easier. I miss him so!!
I'm going to start the piece for DD's Bday! Have a happy day, and may God bless you!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty square for Chloe's quilt! I'm stitching a square for Chloe now. It's good to hear that you had a nice Mother's Day even though it was also a very hard day for you. ((Hugs))

Alberta said...

I think about my Mom every time I think or visit Dad. It's still hard to accept that she has been gone for almost 8 years. Seems like yesterday we were stitching together!