Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Birthday Surprise


This is the piece I did for DD. Her birthday is on May 22nd. I did this on 14 count Metallic Gold Aida. It doesn't show up good in this scan. It has gold threads running through it. It's very sparkly. I started this last night and finished it this morning. It's a freebie at Rainbow Gallery. I really like it! Now I have to figure out how I want to finish finish it. I'm thinking maybe a flat fold.

The picture above is the next charity square I am doing. It's from an old magazine -Leisure Arts, the Magazine, April 1993. It was designed by Sandi Gore Evans. I'm doing it on white 14 count Aida, as is required by Love Quilts. It's for Briannah's quilt.

And this is my progress so far. It's got 33 colors of thread in it! I started it this afternoon. I'm really enjoying this. I have signed up to do it for 2 other children, also. So I'm glad I'm enjoying it!
I didn't get a sub job for tomorrow. I really need to work, but I guess it's getting so close to the end of school that teachers are just not staying out. I do have a job on Friday already. It's at a school I really like to go to.
DD has lost 5 lbs. so far on our diet. I'm not really counting how many pounds I'm losing right now. It's hard to explain, but I'm trying not to think of this as a diet really, but as the way I eat now and will probably eat for the rest of my life. I have a good bit of weight to lose. When I go back to the doctor, I'm hoping to be very pleasantly surprised!
DD went to Tech today to apply for admission in the fall. I'm real excited and hopeful that she will go and get started on her college education. After she has taken several classes, she plans to transfer to a large college. She's thinking about Clemson University or Coastal Carolina University. She is a very smart girl. We're still having battles over money. She thinks I'm made of it or either that we have a tree in our yard where I go to get it! lol She is just going to have to get a job until she starts school in the fall!
Well, have to go and work on the angel some more before bedtime. Have a happy day and may God bless you!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Nice work, Vicki! I wish your DD the best in getting into college and getting the education that her intelligence deserves. :)

Ranae said...

Awesome birthday finish. The charity square will make a beautiful finish. Best Wishes to your DD. Ranae

Old4sure said...

The birthday one is very good. I can't wait until you finish the others.
Good luck on the diet thing. It is hard to do, but worth it in the end.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]southernstitcher.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research displays that closely 50% of all USA adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.