Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A New Project


Last night I started the square for William at Quilts4Kids. The picture above is what I am doing for him. The theme of his quilt is anything with an engine. This was in an old magazine, Cross Stitch and Country Crafts, July/Aug. 1991. It was designed by Patricia Gaskin.
The picture below is what I have done so far. It's a fairly easy piece. Tnis is the first time I have ever stitched a vehicle. I really like it.

DD and her BF dyed their hair today without conversing with me before they did it! DD is an orangy blonde and her BF is dark brown. Her BF's hair was blonde to begin with. My children have always been very independent and strong-willed! Needless to say, I am NOT happy! DD had such beautiful long hair. She came in about a month ago with it cut short, again without consulting me. Now this! I guess next she'll walk in bald!! No wonder I have always been so stressed out! Well, she started out to see her friend next door and turned around and said, "Does it really look that bad?" with the most pitiful look on her face. My heart melted and I had to say, "No, Sweetheart, I just have to get used to it." Life is certainly interesting with a teenager around! And like I've said before, I love her unconditionally. So I guess I'll "get used" to it and brace myself for the next shock she delivers. lol I did want her to have a mind of her own and I'm glad she is independent. And she's also not afraid to try new things - very much unlike me! I still need my mom's okay before I do anything and I am terrified of trying new things and I don't like change! I DID NOT want my children to be like that. So I guess this proves that I succeeded! lol
Well, got to get back to my stitching. I stay up late and NYPD Blues is on. I didn't like that show the first time through, but now I love the reruns! Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Leeland said...

Oh my! I can imagine my DD (though she's only six, but so strong willed!) doing that sort of thing in ten years, and myself reacting just like you! lol...
She's growing up, they say... Well...
Take care!

Mary Ann said...

The vehicle square is looking great!!

Anonymous said...

She's testing herself and her boundaries. Rejoice in her confidence to try exciting new things, as it will serve her well later in life. :) Your lastest start looks great and you are really moving fast on it!

Felicity said...

The car is very nice! A propos to the hair dying issue, don't worry. Be like my father with his 6 daughters. Whenever my siblings or I did something new to our hair, dating a new guy, etc, my mother would yell & carry on fit to blow a gasket & give us the drama queen lecture, but dad would simply say 'That's nice, dear.' Apart from encouraging creativity in his kids & thus empowering them to embrace healthy change, dad lived a whole lot longer than mum. Hair grows back. Piercing & tattoo-ing is permanent. That's the time to carry on!