Saturday, April 14, 2007

Here Come the Pictures!


This is the little piece I did for DD. I'm going to finish it as a flat fold. I've already showed it to her and she really liked it. She even laughed! She and I are both night people - we like to stay up late and sleep late the next day!

And here's the fingertip towel I finished. I got the little towel at AC Moore for $.60. I bought all they had. I like stitching things that have bright colors. This pattern is in the book Something for Every Season: The Best of For the Love of Cross Stitch, published by Leisure Arts. I think this looks so springy! I'm going to hang this in my bathroom, although DD is trying to talk me into putting it in her bathroom. I'm going to stitch another pattern for her bathroom - one with watering cans on it, but in this same style. I really like doing towels because once you're finished with the stitching, it's really FINISHED! The only problem is DD. A couple of weeks ago she was working on her car - something to do with the oil, (She really knows a lot about cars. Her dad taught her how to do everything on it!) and she used one of my cross stitched fingertip towels and got oil all over it! It matched a bath towel I had also stitched! I was so upset! She said she didn't know I had stitched it! She just doesn't think before she does things (just like her dad! lol). When her dad and I were together, we lived on a farm. We had a good many cows, 2 horses, a dog, and a cat. One day I looked out to see him trimming one of the horse's tails with my GOOD sewing scissors!! I was furious! Of course, this is the same man who scrubbed the white line on the tires with MY toothbrush! lol Just one of the many reasons we don't live together! So DD gets many of her ways honestly! (from her dad!)
I did my taxes yesterday! I'm afraid I'm a procrastinator! This was only the 2nd time I have done them. I almost had a heart attack though. I had made a mistake on the federal taxes, and it came out that I owed them $1,500!! I have never had to pay anything - I always get a good bit back! I had a bad panic attack! But I found my mistake and I am getting a refund! It took me over 4 hours to do them. Up until last year, my dad had always done my taxes. He was an accountant. When he passed away last year, I wasn't sure I could do them. However, I dug in, read the directions over and over and figured it out! I guess there's a little accounting ability in me, too. My whole family is very good at math.
I read on someone's blog that the SQW some time back was: What kind of blogs do you like to read? (or something like that). She was pretty upset because someone had said they don't like blogs that the owner talks about personal things and rambles and all. This has bothered me. I really don't care what other stitchers think about my blog. I do this blog for ME! It is like a journal to me. It gives me a way to get things off my chest and it's really therapy! I enjoy reading back over what I have written and seeing how I am changing and getting my life back together! I like it if someone wants to read what I've written and leaves comments, but that's not the main reason I have a blog! As for what I read, I read all kinds of blogs! I really like reading the personal things stitchers write. It helps me realize I'm not the only one having a rough time. Many times I learn important lessons from what you other stitchers write. I love reading about your families and seeing their pictures. I also like to look at blogs where the stitcher does not stitch the same style of patterns that I do. This inspires me to try those other styles and expand my horizons! I have learned so much about stitching from my internet friends! Well, I feel better since I got that off my chest!
I'd better go and finish the dishes! I always do the dishes while I'm writing my new posts. My computer is in the kitchen and I use writing my post as a reward for doing some of the dishes! lol I'm still doing them by hand - haven't got the dishwasher fixed yet! But I don't mind doing them by hand. I'm going to show a picture of the fireman teddy when I get a little more done on it! Happy stitching to everyone and may God bless you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love your towel, it will look great in your bathroom!

Janice said...

Both of the pieces are really cute! BTW, my dishwasher is broken also!

Kendra said...

What a pretty towel! I love the pink color and the flower pattern matches it perfectly.

I need to make that little bear piece myself - like you and your DD, I'm a night owl. I'd work really well if I could stay up until 1 or 2 AM, then sleep until 10 AM or so! Just gotta convince my girls to do the same...HA!

Cheryl said...

Love your finishes. Another great job!

Carol said...

I agree with you about blogs. Yours is great, keep on blogging!

The Silver Thistle said...

I read that post too, about the blog thing and I have to say I love hearing about everyone's day. It makes them seem more real somehow. One of the comments I saw said they weren't keen on seeing the same WIP too many times but again, I say 'pfft' to that. I like seeing whatever my friends like to talk about. My own blog is probably filled with all the stuff that people hate to read about but *shrug*......ask me if it bothers me, lol.

That is such a pretty towel and I'm not surprised your DD wants it for herself, lol.