Sunday, February 11, 2007

Busy, Busy




Day before yesterday I spent the day with my mom. We had a good time - just talking! So I didn't get in any stitching! Yesterday I stitched a good bit, but couldn't post, because DD and her BF were on the computer all day. DD is back to her old self - pretty much. She even cooked chocolate chip cookies last night! It was the first time she has cooked them. She cooks a little. (when she absolutely has to! lol) In addition to stitching, I cleaned out the frig. I have a bad habit of saving leftovers and then never eating them! There were so many UFOs (unidentifiable food objects) in there that there was no room for anything else! The worst thing about cleaning out the frig is having to wash all those containers! My dishwasher is on the blink right now, so I had to do them by hand. But it feels good to get it done!
Now to the pictures above: The first is what I am doing for DD's BF for Valentine's Day. I have to finish the bee and add the word "bee." I like this pattern. It was another freebie, and I know this one was at Cyberstitchers. I found some really neat fabric to make it into a pillow. It's lime green with bees and music notes on it. I can't wait to make it. I'm going to try a tuck pillow. I've been wanting to make one, but have trouble making myself get out the sewing machine!
The second picture is another little freebie ( I LOVE freebies!), but I don't know where I got it. I want to make some Valentine Cards to send to my friends. I thought this would be perfect for friends' cards because it's not mushy! Also it's very quick to stitch up. I don't know if I'm going to get them done in time or not. All I have to add to this one is the backstitching of the vines, but I don't have the right color thread. I'm going to look through my thread boxes to see if I can find a substitute, but I just haven't done it yet. And the last picture is my progress on Little Moon Welcome. I am really enjoying this. I really like stitching on this fabric, once I get in the "rhythm." I mostly stitch on Aida, but I am trying to branch out to other fabrics. I bought some linen, but haven't found a pattern that I want to stitch on it yet. I got it at a great bargain. It was half a yard regularly $24.00, and I got it for $7.00. I can't wait to stitch something on it! Well, that's all my news. Got to go and stitch! I wanted to tell everyone that I really appreciate the comments that my cyber-friends leave. They really brighten my day! Thank you everyone! Have a happy stitching day!
P.S. I found the site where I got the Valentine's Day Stamp (see Feb. 3rd's post). It's here: www.amonamipierre.net. Click on the top picture. Then scroll down the page and click on Free Charts written in red on the left. Happy stitching!

No comments: