Sunday, November 4, 2007

November House.


I started this yesterday. I have wanted to do one of these houses. This is the November house. It's a freebie I got here. I really want to do all of the houses she has designed! But I made myself start this one before I do anything else. There are so many things I really want to stitch! And so many things I have already started and need to finish!! I'm doing this on 28 count lambswool Jobelan, 2 over 2. I really like stitching on Jobelan! It's so soft! I have to do the fireman quilt square next! And I want to get back to the Janlynn Autumn Sampler and I need to start Christmas stitching!! Aye!!!! There's just not enough time for everything!!

Things are going pretty good around here. I'm finally recovered from the marathon migraine! I tried using Imitrex for my headaches, but I have high blood pressure, and the Imitrex made it shoot up dangerously. My doc took me off of it! I've been taking Excedrin Migraine and that usually makes them bearable, although it doesn't get rid of them completely. But this last headache wasn't fazed by the Excedrin Migraine and I took quite a few! When I take the Excedrin, it messes up my stomach. So I have suffered with a stomach ache all last week! Today I finally feel good!! I'm going to the Doc in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to ask if he can give me something else for the migraines! Maybe they've come up with something newer than Imitrex.

I'm going over to my mom's after lunch today. We'll probably go out to Denny's to get Grand Slams. That's our thing to do. DD may come and go with us today! She has a hard time going to my mom's house, because her Papa isn't there. It's hard for her to go in the house and see the empty chair where my dad sat all the time! I sit in his chair when I'm there, and I feel like I'm sitting in his lap with his arms around me! I can't sit on the sofa and look at his empty chair either! I've been more depressed lately - my DS's birthday is coming up on the 11th. And I guess feeling bad for so long has gotten me down, too. It will really perk me up to go to my mom's! I haven't subbed the last 2 weeks so I will have to sub some this week!

Well, that's about all that's going on here. I live a very simple life now, and I love it! It's amazing that all those things I thought were so important before my DS died are not important at all! I don't miss teaching or doing all those other things I used to do! If it's possible, simplify your life as much as you can!! And spend all the time you can with your children if you have any! And tell them you love them as much as possible, because you never know when it might be the last time you get to tell them you love them!! I told my son I loved him; he left and never came home again!! Have a day full of happy moments, and may God bless you! If I didn't have my faith in God, I wouldn't be able to get out of the bed every morning! He really will give you the strength to bear anything! Well, that's my preaching for today!

4 comments:

The Silver Thistle said...

What a coincidence! I've been looking today at all the little house, neighbourhood type charts today and I find you stitching one here! I'll go and get the freebie one when I'm done here.

I've also got soooo many thing on my wishlist but since money's tight they'll just have to stay there for now, lol.

I love the little witch project. The colours are so bright!

Hope you have a fun time with your mum and your DD decides to join you both.

My mum used to use Migraleve for her migraines but maybe that's not available over there in the US.

Paula D said...

My Dh used imitrex..did nothing, nada. He now uses Relpax. Take one when symptoms start. Can take another 2 hours later. He has had killer migraines all his live. This is the only thing that works desently for him. He now can sometimes even function a few hours later instead of days later. On the down side - fvery expensive....about $20 a pill! Yikes! I just keep praying for no more migraines. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful house your stitching. I have seen these also and think they are cute. I hope you and your Dr. can find something to help with the migraines. Keep us posted. I am so glad you are feeling better. (((HUGS)))

Wawanna said...

Vicki,
thank you for your gracious comments on my blog! My SIL has terrible migraines, can find no releif, so very sorry for you. Love the little house, downloaded the designs, thanks for sharing. Will read ALL your blog over this next week. Don't know how anyone gets through life without a close, intimate relationship with the LORD. So very sorrry to hear about your son, such a tragedy. Words are never enough.