Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Thanksgiving Plans

Well, my plans for Thanksgiving have changed! I'm excited, but also a little sad. I was really looking forward to that time alone! But maybe I can get some alone time at another time!

My DB called last night and said that he and my DBIL were going to redo my sister's kitchen floor on Thanksgiving Day. I don't know why they are doing it on Thanksgiving Day, lol, but, anyway, he wants us all to go up there and he is going to buy a big Thanksgiving meal. There will only be my sister and brother-in-law, my brother, my mom, and me. DD has to work until 5:00, and we're going to eat at 12:00. My sister's daughter is also going somewhere else. This is really a big deal, because my DB and my DS had a big fuss about 4 months ago before my DB moved up here, and they haven't spoken since! My mom was worried that they would never work things out! Members of my family NEVER have big arguments or little ones for that matter! We've always gotten along perfectly! We don't see each other very often, so we are just so happy to see each other. But they had words about my brother moving back here and hadn't spoken since. My DB had tried to call DS and apologize but she wouldn't pick up the phone or call him back. Finally DS gave in and called DB last night and they talked everything out and everything is forgiven. I'm so happy! As I have said before, my mom has always insisted on "happiness" since we were little. (not realistic, I know, but that's how she is) My DB and DS not speaking was breaking her heart! She just knew our family was falling apart! I tried to convince her that disagreements in a family were normal and that they would work it out eventually! So I know she will be happy that the problem has been resolved! I am! She was driving me crazy about it. She always expects me to be the peacekeeper. She wanted me to get involved and try to "fix" it. I refused; I wasn't going to get involved and have one or the other mad at ME! I love them both! Anywho - I will be spending Thanksgiving with my family - I just hope DS doesn't expect me to help with the floor. Oh - you don't think they have an ulterior motive for having us up there, do you?!! lol I'm NOT spending my Turkey Day fixing a floor!! lol

Well, better go! It's time to fix lunch. I have the hardest time coming up with ideas for lunch other that a sandwich and soup! I tried Progresso's Light Soup (0 points on Weight Watchers), and I really like it! Maybe we have enough left-overs for today's lunch! lol Jerry does not like to eat left-overs! But beggars can't be choosers! lol He'd rather eat left-overs than fix his own lunch! lol Have a great day and may God bless you!

1 comment:

Chiloe said...

Waow! helping putting a floor on thanksgiving day, what else could you have greamed about? lol Hope you have a "happy" day ;-)