Monday, July 23, 2007

Housework - Bah! Humbug!


I'm working on the backstitching on the PM Princess. I would have finished it yesterday, but all 3 furbabies wanted to sit in my lap all day yesterday!! I think the 2 older dogs are very jealous of the new puppy. Whenever she's in my lap, they have to be there, too! I got so frustrated trying to stitch! I really wanted to finish this! I really like the colors in this piece.

I didn't stitch very much on Sat. I did housework all day -vaccumming, sweeping, dusting, washing clothes, etc. Plus I did a lot of cooking! I got very tickled at Sugar (our black toy poodle). After I had vaccummed the den, Bebe, the puppy, brought in a leaf and was playing with it like it was alive - poking at it, etc. When she finally lost interest and went to do something else, Sugar picked up the leaf and took it back outside! It was like she was saying, "Don't mess up Momma's clean floor!" Sometimes I think Sugar could talk if she tried hard enough.

Both of the poodles amazed me a few days ago. Bebe is still small enough that she can go through the slats on the wooden part of our fence (across the front). She usually doesn't unless we go out to get in the car, and she is outside. However, the other day both poodles kept going to the front door and barking and whining like they usually do when DD or DD's Dad has come home. I knew no one was at the door. Then they went to the door to the garage and did the same. I asked them what was wrong, and they came to me and went back to the door (which means, "Come with us!"). I finally realized Bebe was not with them. I opened the front door, and there was Bebe - out of the fence and on the front porch! The poodles were trying to tell me that Bebe was outside the fence! I'm sure they were thinking, "Boy! Humans sure are SLOW!" lol

Better go and get busy on PM Princess! Have a day full of happy moments, and may God bless you!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

I think it's so neat that you make XS for charity. I would have a hard time giving something that beautiful away. :o)

Poodles. Ah. Poodles. My stepmonster raised Tea-Cups when I was growing up. Every 6 mths or so we'd have another batch of them lil boogers cookin' up. I think it had some sort of lasting effect on me. :o)

Thanks for thinking about me while I was 'away'. :o) I appreciate it.