Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Start


I've put aside the Bugs and Blooms piece I was working on - at least for a while. I need to try to do a couple of charity squares. I mailed the PM girls and the watering can squares to Australia to Quilts4Kids. I paid a little extra to get them there in 4 to 7 days. Hopefully they will get there in time. I need to do 2 squares for Love Quilts, but I'm not going to get them finished in time. I emailed Joan of Love Quilts to let her know that family problems have made it impossible for me to get them stitched. I'm really upset that I didn't get them done! The picture above is what I am doing for a boy at Love Quilts. It won't get there in time, but maybe she can use it in another child's quilt! This pattern is Dinosaur Fun and it was in the Sept. 1994 issue of For the Love of Cross Stitch magazine.

And this is my progress after one day. I like to stitch things that have bright colors!
I subbed today at a very good school. I had a great day, but the last class was over at 1:15 and I was free until 2:55 when the kids returned for dismissal and bus holding. During that break I started hurting all over and got to feeling so weak, I could hardly stay awake or walk. I think the stress of the last few days finally caught up with me. I still feel so tired and hurt pretty bad. I'm going to stay home tomorrow and stay in bed. I haven't felt like stitching today.
DD actually asked if the friend I threw out, who had been "visiting" for 2 weeks, could "spend the night" tonight. I held my ground and said, "No!" No one spends the night here except DD and myself!! Things have been much better since it's just DD and I. We've been watching movies together and talking a lot like we used to do.
Well, I'm going to head to bed and see if bedrest will help me feel better. I already have a sub job on Friday and would like to also sub on Thursday if a good school calls! Hope everyone has a happy stitching day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you held your ground about your daughter's friend. Good job in keeping the boundary! :)