Saturday, December 9, 2006

I haven't done any stitching today and didn't do any yesterday either. I finally got over to my mom's yesterday. Although I took some stitching with me, I never got a chance to do any. Mom and I had a lot of catching up to do. Also my mom's sister, Frances, came over to visit. I hadn't seen her in a long time. We had a very nice visit. I stayed over there pretty late, and got up today with a cold. I have been sniffly and achy all day, so I have stayed in bed all day.
My family is trying to figure out what we are going to do about Christmas. We have always gone to my mom and dad's on Christmas Day for our family dinner and gift exchange. But last year, my dad went into the hospital the day after Christmas Day and died 2 weeks later. My mom and dad were SO close. I' m not sure she can handle having Christmas at her house. I'm having trouble because of the loss of my son and my dad. However, we're afraid that if we don't get together, someone else in our family may pass away and we'll regret not getting together. After losing a son at such a young age and so unexpectedly, you realize that you can lose anyone at anytime.

No comments: