Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oldest UFO Finished!!


Happy Dance! I have finished my oldest UFO! At one point, I didn't think I was going to be able to finish it. I kept making mistakes in the bottom left corner. I ended up stitching it 3 times!! But I really like this. I'm going to have it framed. Since I've finished 3 UFOs and 2 WIPs, I going to allow myself to start a new piece. It's a small freebie that says "Jesus Loves Me" except the "love" is a heart. I'm doing it with WDW threads. I can't wait to start!

Angela at Pattern Nuts Place wanted to know where the Lady's Pincushion in the previous post came from. It was in an old mag - Cross Stitch and Country Crafts, the July/Aug., 1991 issue. I have so many old mags!

Well, I was hoping I would feel better today, but I had a virus today - bad stomachache and "other problems." (I won't go into details.) lol As long as I was sitting, my stomach didn't hurt too bad, but when I stood up, I would double over with pain. I looked back at my old posts from this same time last year, and I was having almost the same problems! Go figure! I hope I feel better by Mon. I'm supposed to go out to lunch with my "teacher friends." We get together once a month. After lunch I want to visit my mom. I haven't been to her new apartment since 2 weeks ago.

Better go. I want to start that new piece before I have to go to bed! Have a day full of happy moments, and may God bless you!






6 comments:

Chiloe said...

Congratulations on your finish !!! I have some UFO's myself and can't pick the needle for them ... Too many cute projects call my name over and over ...

Samantha said...

Huge congratulations Vicki on finishing your oldest UFO! What an achievement :o)

Natasha said...

Congratulations on the finish.It's a cute design. I have one also in my unfinished pile,one of these days I will get around to it.
Natsha

patternnuts said...

Don't you hate that, just as you near the finish line you keep dropping the baton. Congratulations on the finish!

Thank you for answering me. I have to go and see if that's in my stack of ohso-many-mags and I didn't realize it, or, I will be adding it to my one to watch for list.

Get feeling better soon!

Tama said...

Wow - congratulations! It's a beautiful piece, too! those snowpeople are so cute. Makes me want to get my oldest one out and work on it, but it's nowhere near being finished!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! What an great accomplishment. And it looks beautiful, as well. Congratulations! :)