Saturday, November 25, 2006

Finally - Some Pictures





DD finally showed me how to post pictures on my blog. So here are some pictures of the Christmas ornaments I am cross-stitching. These are little kits I got at an "everything's a dollar" store. I think they are turning out very cute. They came with little clothes hangers that you put them on. I haven't finished any yet - just done the cross-stitch. I'm going to cross-stitch all of them first, and then take a day to finish them all at once.


DD just left for work. She is working the lunch shift and then returning later for the dinner shift. She works at a sports-themed place, and today is the Clemson University and University of South Carolina football game ( big rivals). So they are going to be extremely busy. She is hoping to get a lot of tips.


Her dad and I ate there last night. It was very good. They have a dessert they call "Fried Oreos." They dip Oreo cookies in pancake batter and deep-fry them. Then they put them, still warm, on the plate with a big scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce drizzled all over. We shared one and it was WONDERFUL!! We had enough to bring half home with us. I can't wait to have some of it for a snack this afternoon.


Well, I'm here alone now. Katie's Dad(KD) has gone to do some Christmas shopping for me. KD is living in Hilton's Head, SC, right now because he's building a house to sell down there. When he comes up here to visit a few days, he stays at our house. As I said before, we are really best friends now. We have been separated 15 years (I know - really weird). but we have always done the family things together: celebrating holidays and birthdays, taking vacations, etc. I'm really glad we were able to have this kind of relationship. It was good for the children; they never saw us argue or be hateful to each other and when our son died, we were able to deal with it a little better because we had each other for support. Anyway, he's going to pick up something our daughter wants for Christmas. I have a hard time doing Christmas shopping because I keep seeing things I want to get for my son. And when I do that, I forget for a second or two that he is gone and the shock of it hits me full force again. It's really horrible. So while KD is here, I'll "let" him do most of the shopping. LOL Better go and start cross-stitching on those Christmas ornies. Have a happy day!




No comments: